Etym.: aor2 with no pres, being used instead, cf.
- to speak against or in answer, gainsay, to speak in answer, to utter, of contradiction
- to set one, against
- to speak, in turn
The inflection forms above were generated by rules and some usages of them were not attested.
Due to a bug of system, some forms may display wrong accents.
- (Septuagint, Liber Esther 1:33)
- (Septuagint, Liber Iob 9:3)
- (Septuagint, Liber Isaiae 10:14)
- (Lucian, Cataplus, (no name) 11:1)
- (Euripides, episode 4:24)
- (Flavius Josephus, 224:1)
- (Demosthenes, Speeches, 7:1)
- (Andocides, Speeches, 104:1)
- (Andocides, Speeches, 112:1)
- (Lysias, Speeches, 70:3)
to speak against or in answer
to set one