Etym.: mostly in pres.
- to feel awe or fear before God, especially when about to do something disgraceful; to feel shame, religious awe, (post-Homeric) to honour with pious awe, to worship, venerate
The inflection forms above were generated by rules and some usages of them were not attested.
Due to a bug of system, some forms may display wrong accents.
- (Septuagint, Liber Iosue 4:24)
- (Septuagint, Liber Iosue 22:25)
- (Septuagint, Liber Maccabees II 1:3)
- (Septuagint, Liber Iob 1:9)
- (Septuagint, Liber Sapientiae 15:18)
- (Septuagint, Prophetia Ionae 1:9)
- (Septuagint, Prophetia Danielis 12:17)
- (Aristophanes, Thesmophoriazusae, Prologue, lyric10)
- (Aristophanes, Clouds, Parodos, anapests3)
- (Aeschylus, Persians, choral, strophe 11)
- (to worship or honour besides)
- (to worship, honour, respect)