Third declension Noun; Neuter
- the crown of the root, whence the stem or trunk springs
- a trunk, log
- (figuratively) a blockhead
The inflection forms above were generated by rules and some usages of them were not attested.
Due to a bug of system, some forms may display wrong accents.
- (Aristotle, Athenian Constitution, work Ath. Pol., chapter 60 2:2)
- (Athenaeus, The Deipnosophists, Book 3, book 3, chapter 6 1:2)
- (Dionysius of Halicarnassus, Antiquitates Romanae, Books X-XX, book 14, chapter 2 2:1)
- (Plutarch, Quaestiones Convivales, book 5, 4:1)
- (Pausanias, Description of Greece, , chapter 2 11:1)
the crown of the root
- (the crown of the root, whence the stem or trunk springs)