First declension Noun; Feminine
- a holding fast, detention
- possession by a spirit, inspiration
The inflection forms above were generated by rules and some usages of them were not attested.
Due to a bug of system, some forms may display wrong accents.
- (Athenaeus, The Deipnosophists, book 1, chapter 17 2:4)
- (Plutarch, Amatorius, section 16 2:6)
- (Plutarch, Amatorius, section 17 21:3)
- (Plutarch, De genio Socratis, section 15 5:5)
- (Plutarch, Non posse suaviter vivi secundum Epicurum, section 1117)
- (Arrian, Anabasis, book 4, chapter 13 5:4)
- (Diodorus Siculus, Bibliotheca Historica, book 2, chapter 12 2:4)
- (Aristides, Aelius, Orationes, 14:1)
a holding fast
possession by a spirit
- (a being possessed, possession, inspiration))