- to set oneself against, oppose, withstand, refuse, prevents
- to contradict, gainsay
- to be adverse
The inflection forms above were generated by rules and some usages of them were not attested.
Due to a bug of system, some forms may display wrong accents.
- (Plutarch, Dion, chapter 37 3:2)
- (Sophocles, Philoctetes, episode 3:13)
- (Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, Book 1 146:3)
- (Xenophon, Hellenica, , chapter 3 33:2)
- (Plato, Laws, book 9 155:1)
to set oneself against
- (to speak against, reply, to gainsay)
- (to speak against or in answer, gainsay, to speak in answer)
to be adverse