Third declension Noun; Feminine
- suggestion, advice
- occasion, excuse, pretext
- actor's role
- function, occupation, station
- supposition, assumption, hypothesis
- placing under
The inflection forms above were generated by rules and some usages of them were not attested.
Due to a bug of system, some forms may display wrong accents.
- (Lucian, (no name) 3:2)
- (an excuse, pretext)
- (a mere pretext, a pretence, excuse)
- (occasion, an excuse, an excuse)
- (a pretext, plea, excuse)
- (a starting-point, the origin, occasion or pretext of)