- to set oneself against, oppose, withstand, refuse, prevents
- to contradict, gainsay
- to be adverse
The inflection forms above were generated by rules and some usages of them were not attested.
Due to a bug of system, some forms may display wrong accents.
- (Aristides, Aelius, Ars Rhetorica, , 14:1)
- (Aristides, Aelius, Ars Rhetorica, , 11:1)
- (Athenaeus, The Deipnosophists, Book 11, book 11, chapter 112 2:3)
- (Plutarch, , chapter 12 2:2)
- (Plutarch, Regum et imperatorum apophthegmata, , section 31)
to set oneself against
- (to speak against, reply, to gainsay)
- (to speak against or in answer, gainsay, to speak in answer)
to be adverse